- IAWG Field Manual
- IAWG 2008 Annual Meeting: Report and Presentations
- Click here for additional Resources
Reproductive Health Technologies for Crisis Settings
May 13-14, 2008
On May 13-14, 2008, the New Technologies for Crisis Settings Working Group (New Technologies Working Group) convened a meeting on new and emerging reproductive health technologies. Jointly hosted by PATH and the Women’s Refugee Commission, the meeting fostered dialogue between experts in the fields of reproductive health, emergency health response, and technology development and introduction, to increase access to appropriate new and underutilized reproductive health technologies in crisis settings.
The objectives of the meeting were to:
- Identify gaps and challenges in reproductive health service delivery for populations in crisis settings.
- Identify and prioritize two or more new or underutilized RH technology solutions to improve RH health and service delivery in crisis settings.
- Articulate a process for developing, adapting, piloting, and introducing RH technologies for appropriate use in crisis settings.
- Discuss procedural issues involved in making RH technologies available for program use.
- Develop a plan of action for next steps by the Working Group on RH Technologies in Crisis Settings